Thursday, May 31, 2007

Morning Shorts

Sam the Record Man is closing its flagship Toronto store. The huge vinyl records on the store's exterior are something of a Toronto landmark, and efforts are underway to save them. As best I can tell, this is the Canadian equivalent of Tower shutting down.

If nothing else, the Shrek media empire brings the tunes of the Eels to the greater public. My Old Kentucky Blog has a download of Mark Everett's latest, "Royal Pain", a typically jaunty bit of chin-up sad-sackery ("I'm just trying to get by with my pride a little bit intact").

It's Hard to Find a Friend features M. Ward covers.

Check out iff favorite Jana Hunter's Portuguese radio sessions, via Gorilla Vs. Bear.

Cafe Eclectica has pictures, setlist and review of the Bright Eyes NYC show featuring a surprise Lou Reed cameo.

Mix Me a Molotov has got your Dan Bern tour coverage down.

I came across Pete Green while scanning some upcoming Kimya Dawson tour dates; she'll be playing with Pete in Leeds June 26th. This track's got a sweet, fragile sound that reminds me of Robyn Hitchcock in his less loopy moments.

MP3: Pete Green - Everything's Dead Pretty When It Snows

No comments: